EFL – Head of Communications
The Head of Communications will manage a medium sized team focused primarily on disseminating the EFL’s narrative and boosting the profile of the organisation through media, PR and content activities.
This role will also have a strong focus on the planning process across the three disciplines, ensuring that opportunities are maximised and that all activity is co-ordinated both internally and externally.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following essential requirements;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior communications role, managing a small to medium sized team.
- A thorough understanding of the Media, PR and Content industries.
- An understanding of the Football industry and, in particular, the EFL and its 72 member Clubs.
- Experience in a sporting industry would be desired but not essential.
- The ability to generate ideas, challenge the status quo whilst considering organisational limitations.
- Previous experience of trusted relationships with sporting and media stakeholders.
- The ability to engage a team and deliver results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including proven experience of influencing individuals and decision makers at all levels.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience of effective communication planning and the development and activation of media, PR and content plans.
- The ability to create, manage and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- A track record for meeting and exceeding goals within strict timeframes in a pressurised environment.
- The ability to plan and think strategically alongside reporting on successes and challenges.
- Pro-active approach to day to day issues.
The EFL is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion or belief(s), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or with regards to pregnancy or maternity.
Closing Date: 5pm, Friday 7th September 2018
Interview Date: W/c Monday 1st October 2018