Budweiser And Fox Sports Bring Rise As One To Life
Wed 5th Mar 2014 | Marketing & PR
Budweiser, the official beer sponsor of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, today unveiled an all new partnership with FOX Sports for a groundbreaking documentary series showcasing six of the most unique football stories from around the globe.
The new series, which will air in more than 55 countries around the world, is part of Budweiser’s fully integrated, global content series supporting its new Rise As One FIFA World Cup campaign.
“The FIFA World Cup is a powerful moment in time which enables the world to join together in celebration of the world’s most popular sport,” said Andrew Sneyd, Global Vice President, Budweiser.
“We are delighted to be collaborating with FOX Sports on this new series and through the Rise As One campaign, to share some of the many defining moments of football history with millions of fans around the globe.”
The series of football documentaries was developed in collaboration with FOX Sports, the US broadcaster. Leading up to the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, the six thirty-minute episodes celebrate humanity and perseverance through some of the most powerful and uplifting stories rooted in world football and also demonstrate how the sport inspires the world to Rise As One.
The first episode will premiere on 25th March in the US Globally, these films will be distributed in more than 55 countries, with a UK broadcast partner set to be announced in the coming days.
Veteran filmmakers Scott Boggins and Gabriel Spitzer, who have a combined 15 Emmy Awards, joined forces to produce and direct the Rise as One documentary series that features exclusive interviews with football legends including FIFA World Cup Champions Ronaldo and Lilian Thuram.
- Power of Unity: In Power of Unity, the Japanese Women’s national team overcame intense personal pain to inspire their country after the 2011 tsunami and Fukushima nuclear disaster.
- Breaking Barriers: In Breaking Barriers, American and Iran teams go head-to-head at the 1998 World Cup and amid volatile politics and intense scrutiny, broke soft diplomacy on the world stage.
- One Nation: In One Nation, the French Men’s national team uses the 1998 World Cup to help heal the racial splits within their nation and sport.
- Match for Peace: The story of how an exhibition match between World Cup champions Brazil and war torn Haiti, helped lift the spirits of the island nation during one of its darkest hours.
- Forever Heroes: Nearly 20 years after a plane crash killed all but three men from Zambia’s national team, Forever Heroes shows how the new survivor-led club overcame tragedy to capture the African Cup of Nations, just miles from the crash site.
- World War Truce: During a tense, frozen Christmas in World War I, German and British soldiers held a secret cease fire to play a friendly soccer game.
Posted by: Aaron Gourley
|RETURN TO LATEST NEWS SECTION|
|SUBSCRIBE TO THE FCBUSINESS RSS FEED|
|If you have any football business related news stories you’d like to share then please contact us –|
To subscribe to our range of football newsletters including news, products and jobs CLICK HERE.
Thu 20th Apr 2017 | Marketing & PR
More than 300 Manchester City Women scarves have been draped, hung and hidden throughout the city centre of Manchester, as their highly anticipated UEFA Women’s Champions League clash against...
Wed 5th Apr 2017 | Marketing & PR
The CEO of DiscountIF , Lewis Holland, continues to analyse and share his findings on football club’s online merchandise stores within the UK. The original post can be seen here . There has been...
Wed 22nd Feb 2017 | Marketing & PR
Gareth Bale’s injury sees him substituted with Ana Rueda Hernandez in the latest ad for UEFA Champions League sponsor Nissan. Nissan - the official Global Automotive Sponsor of the UEFA...