Global Conference Agenda Confirmed For Soccerex
Fri 5th Sep 2014 | Football Industry Events
The final conference sessions for this year’s Soccerex Global Convention, 6th & 7th September in Manchester, have now been confirmed.
A host of footballing superstars have signed up to speak at the Convention including Michael Owen, Bryan Robson, Carlos Alberto Torres, Fabio Cannavaro, Gianfranco Zola, Ossie Ardiles, Norman Hunter, Casey Stoney, Peter Reid, Jens Lehmann, Mike Summerbee and Paul Reaney.
Alongside 1-2-1 interviews with FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter and FIFA Vice-Presidents Jeffrey Webb and Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein, there will be a FIFA ExCo panel where Jim Boyce, Moya Dodd and Michel D'Hooghe will give their insights to the decisions taken at FIFA’s top table.
A financial and legal masterclass will see The Football League CEO, Shaun Harvey, SC Internacional & Fluminense Football Club Lawyer, Daniel Cravo, Charlton CEO and Standard Liege Board Member, Katrien Meire, PEAK6 Investments CEO, Matt Hulsizer and Pinsent Masons Global Head of Sport Trevor Watkins, discussing the most pressing issues affecting the game such as transfers, third party ownership, financial fair play and economic & broadcasting rights.
Two world cup winning captains, Carlos Alberto Torres and Fabio Cannavaro will relive their victorious campaigns in 1970 and 2006 respectively. The two footballing legends will also share their opinions on how the World Cup has changed over the years and offer a review of Brazil 2014.
After a record-breaking £835m was spent during the summer transfer window, a complete guide to all of the transfers of Europe’s biggest clubs will be provided by Prime Time Sport CEO Esteve Calzada, Sky Sports Presenter Guillem Balagué and Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola.
Two of the world’s biggest clubs, Manchester City and FC Barcelona, will both be delivering presentations, with City focusing on their new training facilities and stadium expansion plans and Barcelona on how their digital strategy is providing greater reach for their sponsors and partners.
The Football Medical Association (FMA) Chief Executive, Eamonn Salmon, will be joined by Perform at St George's Park, Sport Science Lead, Dr Carl Wells, Middlesbrough FC Club Doctor, Bryan English and Blackburn Rovers FC Head of Sports Medicine, David Fevre, to share their experiences on how football’s performance landscape has evolved.
Emerging markets will continue to be a key feature at Soccerex with Isha Johansen, Sierra Leone FA President and Sayed Ali Reza Aghazada, General Secretary of the Afghanistan Football Federation, speaking on separate sessions to highlight the football issues within their respective territories.
We have significantly increased our content in studio 2 which will see 16 presentations delivered across the three days focusing on for four specific sectors:
· Finance & Law sessions with PwC & ING, Deloitte and Guernsey Finance
· Commercial sessions with Postano, Zebra Finance, Seaters and Repucom
· Performance sessions by SAP and Omegawave & SportsMatrix
· Stadia sessions featuring Siemens, Mobile Media Content, Filmmasters & Interpol +- Studios
The Don Revie Lounge will play host to a selection of special football sessions including:
· England: The Big Debate: Bryan Robson, Michael Owen and Peter Reid will review the England v Switzerland match as well as look at the bigger picture for English football.
· Arsenal’s Invincibles: David Dein and Jens Lehmann will reminisce about the 2003/2004 when the Gooners went the entire season unbeaten.
· Escape to Victory: Ossie Ardiles and Mike Summerbee will be discussing their careers as well as playing alongside the likes of Sylvester Stallone and Michael Caine in the hit movie.
· Taking the lead: Casey Stoney will discuss her England and club career as well as her decision to come out as gay and what football needs to do to combat homophobia within the game.
· White Line of Defence: Leeds United legends Norman Hunter and Paul Reaney will talk about the all conquering Don Revie side of the late 60’s & early 70’s.
· Business on football: Former Sainsbury’s CEO Justin King, a keen football fan, will give his thoughts on the business behind the beautiful game.
The CSO Zone is a new, interactive area within the exhibition hall that showcases best practice in how football can be used as a tool for social development around the world, sessions include:
· Terre des Hommes will use a variety of case studies from its campaign www.childrenwin.org, to highlight how major event organisers need to take measures to maximize benefits for and mitigate the multiple risks on children featuring Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola.
· Investing in the community: Upshot & BT Supporters Club will look at why brands are investing in community projects and how they’re managed.
· Youth Charter Founder, Geoff Thompson MBE will be joined by the Sierra Leone’s Hon. Minister of Sport Paul Kamara, Sierra Leone Football Association President Isha Johansen and Salford University Co-Director, Centre for Sports Business, Prof. Chris Brady, to look at how soccer is used as a social vehicle of change.
· Premier Skills Head Coach, Jeremy Weeks and Afghanistan Football Federation General Secretary, Sayed Ali Reza Aghazada will discuss their joint project which is providing intensive training to community coaches from across Afghanistan.
· The Asian Football Development Project, One Goal Malaysia and streetfootballworld will look at how football can address the basic needs of youths around the world.
To see the full Conference Programme please click here.
For full information about the Soccerex Global Convention please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 208 987 5522.
Posted by: Aaron Gourley
|RETURN TO LATEST NEWS SECTION|
|SUBSCRIBE TO THE FCBUSINESS RSS FEED|
|If you have any football business related news stories you’d like to share then please contact us –|
To subscribe to our range of football newsletters including news, products and jobs CLICK HERE.
Thu 23rd Mar 2017 | Football Industry Events
Arsenal’s medical team hosted its annual medical conference at the Emirates Stadium on Monday. Now in its seventh year, the event brings together medical practitioners from across sport, to pool...
Thu 16th Mar 2017 | Football Industry Events
One of football clubs' most valuable and strategic assets are their football academies. This area of a club not only represents its values and history, but can also be the keystone for sustainable...
Thu 16th Mar 2017 | Football Industry Events
Leading global Travel Management Company ATPI Sports Events and aircraft charter company Air Partner have both renewed their partnerships with Premier Sports Network, the events and intelligence...
Thu 9th Mar 2017 | Football Industry Events
Former Ajax, Manchester United, and Dutch national goalkeeper, Edwin Van Der Sar will be speaking at the Soccerex Global Convention, 4-6 September, Manchester. Van Der Sar will be part of a panel of...