Premier League launches new Kids website
Wed 18th Mar 2015 | Fan Engagement
The Premier League has launched a new website aimed at young Premier League fans.
Kids.premierleague.com will feature exclusive content targeted at children aged 6-12 and has been developed in association with Topps, the producer of Match Attax and the Official Premier League Sticker Collection.
The aim is to create a fun environment that will provide children with a way to develop their knowledge of the Barclays Premier League.
To get the full Premier League Kids experience users are encouraged to register on their first visit. Once signed up a child can gain experience points (XP) on each visit to the site.
XP are awarded for all types of activity on the site, from simply logging in to reading news articles and completing quizzes. Kids can also earn virtual coins by playing games, which they can use in the store to acquire furniture and accessories for their virtual bedroom. In addition, they can win trophies and medals by completing levels within the games.
The site is accessible across web, tablet and mobile and is fully responsive to provide the optimal user experience.
Features of the website include:
- Quizzes to teach kids about each of the 20 Premier League clubs, as well as a Premier League quiz.
- Six new bespoke games including "Who's Who?", which asks visitors to identify Premier League players.
- Access to essential Premier League information including fixtures, results and the Barclays Premier League table.
- Kid-friendly video content including "Classic Matches" and "On This Day" features.
- A fully customisable virtual bedroom, allowing kids to personalise with their favourite club’s colours.
- Virtual coins awarded for completing tasks on the site, and achieving medals and trophies through gameplay.
Kids will also be able to engage with Topps products and games, including Match Attax Live and Topps Fantasy Football.
The site offers children a safe environment to learn about the Premier League and fuel their fandom. Everything on the site is completely free and gameplay is limited to 10 times per day to encourage kids to complement their usage of the site with other activities such as playing football.
Posted by: Kev Howland
If you have any football business related news stories you’d like to share then please contact us – email@example.com
Thu 23rd Mar 2017 | Fan Engagement
Fast-growing, digital media company, 90/24 Sports has appointed media-entrepreneur Edwin Tromp as the new CEO to further grow the company. 90/24 Sports is targeted to double their reach to 200 million...
Fri 20th Jan 2017 | Fan Engagement
Liverpool Football Club and Snapchat have teamed up to launch a brand new lens that allows fans to paint their face in club colours and head an LFC ball in ‘Real-time’. Snapchat lenses are...
Thu 19th Jan 2017 | Fan Engagement
Liverpool Football Club is dedicating Saturday's Premier League fixture against Swansea City to celebrate the work of Kick It Out, football’s equality and inclusion organisation. The Reds will...