Lampard & Mourinho Record Breakers
Fri 4th Sep 2015 | Football Industry Events
Frank Lampard’s goal against his former club, Chelsea has earned him a place in the Guinness World Records 2016 Edition.
Lampard’s goal for Manchester City against his former employers made them the 39th club he had scored against earning him the record for most Premier League teams scored against of the 46 to ever feature in the league.
“It was a weird feeling when I scored,” he recalls. “But it did get me the record so I am also very happy with the goal!”
On making it into the book, Lampard said: “I set goals throughout my career to break records and this is one I never imagined to get. I am a big fan of the books so to feature in it is amazing”
Lampard’s former boss, Jose Mourinho, also received the special treatment as Guinness World Records visited Chelsea’s training ground in Cobham to present him with his awards for his records.
Mourinho’s titles include:
Most Points in a Premier League Season (95),
Most Champions League’s Won at Different Clubs (two),
Youngest Manager to Reach 100 Champions League Games (49 years 12 days) and Most Games Unbeaten at Home in the Premier League (77).
“The fact that I can hang these awards in my office is nice,” said Mourinho. “It’s something fun and as a kid you could never imagine that one day you would be in Guinness World Records Book.
“I’m now more focused on winning the next game than on what I’ve done in the last 10 or 15 years."
Cristiano Ronaldo’s achievement at Real Madrid last season when he scored his 27th hat-trick in La Liga, is now the most ever scored in the Spanish League overtaking Madrid legend Alfredo Di Stéfano.
Ronaldo is also the Most followed Athlete and Person Ever on both Facebook (over 100m likes) and Twitter (over 27 million followers) cementing his status as the most discussed figure in the world.
Manchester United defender CHRIS SMALLING enters the record books for his two goals against Burnley last season when, after coming off the bench after 5min 9 seconds, scored to earn the record for the Fastest Goal in the Premier League by a Substitute from Kick Off.
He had only been on the pitch for 22 seconds and scored again to earn a second record for the Most Goals in the Premier League Scored by a Sub in the First Half.
Other football records featuring in the Guinness World Records 2016 Book
- · Most Champions League goals - Lionel Messi – 77 goals
- · Oldest Player to Score in the Champions League – Francesso Totti aged 38 years and 59 days
- · Youngest Player in a European Championship Qualifier – Martin Odegaard – 15 years 300 days for Norway
- · Most Consecutive Wins of the African Player of the Year Award – Yaya Toure with four wins
- · Most Goals Scored by a Goalkeeper – Rogerio Ceni with 124 goals for Sao Paulo
- · Fastest time to be Sent off in a Copa Libertadores Match – Alejandro Bernal after just 27 seconds
- · Most Goals Scored in International Football (female) – American Abby Wamach with 178 as of March 2015
- · Most Tweeted Sporting Event – 2014 World Cup Final – Germany v Argentina - 618,725 tweets per min
- · Longest Unbeaten Streak in the Bundesliga by a Player – Jerome Boateng – 56 matches between 3 Nov 2012 – 19 Dec 2014
- · Most Consecutive International Losses – San Marino with 61 losses between 4 Sept – 14 Oct 2014
- · And...Jamie Redknapp with the Fastest Three Point Turn (11.85secs) and Fastest Time to Drink a Cup of Hot Chocolate (5.14 seconds)
Guinness World Records Editor-in-Chief, Craig Glenday, said: “We have over 50,000 records on our archives and only 4,000 make the cut into each edition so we like to highlight the very best of football.
“It has been another incredible year of sporting achievements which pays true to the fact this still remains our most competitive and breakable element of all of our records.”
Posted by: Aaron Gourley
If you have any football business related news stories you’d like to share then please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe to our range of football newsletters including news, products and jobs CLICK HERE.
Thu 16th Mar 2017 | Football Industry Events
One of football clubs' most valuable and strategic assets are their football academies. This area of a club not only represents its values and history, but can also be the keystone for sustainable...
Thu 16th Mar 2017 | Football Industry Events
Leading global Travel Management Company ATPI Sports Events and aircraft charter company Air Partner have both renewed their partnerships with Premier Sports Network, the events and intelligence...
Thu 9th Mar 2017 | Football Industry Events
Former Ajax, Manchester United, and Dutch national goalkeeper, Edwin Van Der Sar will be speaking at the Soccerex Global Convention, 4-6 September, Manchester. Van Der Sar will be part of a panel of...
Wed 1st Mar 2017 | Football Industry Events
How well sport is adapting its safeguarding procedures will be one of eight major topics discussed at the upcoming Premier Sports Network Player Care Manchester event. Following the uncovering of...