Premier League reveals new financial rules
Wed 4th Aug 2010 | Money & Finance
The Premier League has announced new ownership and financial regulations for season 2010/11.
The new financial regulations come into place following a consultation process with the Premier League’s 20 member clubs. Each has agreed to introduce a number of new rules for season 2010/11, specifically in the areas of Club ownership, finance and HMRC reporting.
The Premier League Board believes that these new rules will complement existing financial regulation to further encourage sustainability and good governance.
These new Rules are as follows:
- Means and abilities test: A prospective new owner must provide future financial information to show the projected financial position of the Club should a takeover go through. A prospective new owner must also show proof of funds to prove they can sustain the Club for the year ahead.
- Meeting new owners: The Premier League Board will have the power to request a meeting with any person proposing to acquire control of a Club.
- HMRC reporting: The Premier League Board can request quarterly information from each Club showing that they are up-to-date with payments to HMRC in respect of PAYE and National Insurance; and
- Each Club will give HMRC permission to share directly with the Premier League Board details of any non-payment of PAYE or National Insurance.
- Owners & Directors Test: Re-named and strengthened. Persons barred from other sporting organisations/competitions and professional bodies will not be permitted to be a director of a club.
Subscribe to our RSS feed to keep up to date with all the latest football business news http://fcbusiness.co.uk/rss/
Don’t forget to subscribe to F.C. Business Magazine to keep up to date with the latest comment from the football world. Click here to subscribe
Thu 9th Mar 2017 | Money & Finance
Rate relief for football in the community: An open goal for Government in 2017 Football clubs, large and small, will not benefit from any substantive ‘give-aways’ following the Chancellors...
Thu 2nd Mar 2017 | Money & Finance
Leicester City today announced its financial results for the year ending 31 May, 2016 – a period of continued growth and unprecedented success for the Football Club. An historic, captivating...
Wed 1st Mar 2017 | Money & Finance
Liverpool FC has filed its annual accounts for the year to May 31, 2016 reporting that revenues are continuing to grow, creating further financial stability for the club. Overall revenue increased to...