Terms & Conditons
Baltic Publications Ltd, Gear House, Saltmeadows Road, Gateshead, NE8 3AH
Tel: +44(0)191 442 4001 Fax: +44(0)191 442 4002 email: FCBusiness@blueyonder.co.uk
Terms & Conditions
Advertisers are reminded that the provisions of the Trade Descriptions Act 1968 apply to all advertisers, and any misrepresentation is an offence under the Act.
All advertisements must be legal, decent, honest and truthful, and shall comply with the rules of the British Code of Advertising Practice, and all other codes under the supervision of the Advertising Standards Authority. Compliance with the requirements of all current legislation in the areas of sex and race discrimination, fair trading, control of misleading advertising, business advertising, financial services, consumer credit and protection, shall all be adhered to.
In the conditions, the term ‘advertiser’ refers to the party who books the advertisement space and is responsible for payment.
1. The Publishers reserve the right to decline any copy material of which they may not approve, whether an order shall have been accepted or not. The Publishers also reserve the right to cancel or suspend any contract for advertising without stating a reason.
2. All advertisements are accepted subject to approval from the Publishers and conditionally upon space being available. While every endeavour will be made to meet the wishes of the advertiser, the Publishers cannot guarantee the insertion of any particular advertisement.
3. All orders are accepted at the advertiser’s risk, and the Publishers will not accept any liability for the cost of preparing artwork which is either declined or cancelled.
4. The advertiser must ensure that: (i) all authorities and permissions have been secured in respect of pictorial representations (actual or purported) of living persons; (ii) permission to reproduce Crown copyright material on manufactured items and reproduced in advertisements have been obtained.
5. Written or fax instructions must be received not later than the copy deadline. Verbal instructions cannot be accepted other than to reserve provisional space, prior to written confirmation.
6. All orders are accepted subject to increase of rate at three months notice. In such a case, the advertiser will be free to cancel the order by giving the appropriate notice as specified below.
7. Cancellation or suspension of an order for single issue advertisements cannot be accepted less than 14 days prior to publication date. Acceptance of cancellation of a booking for advertisements over a series of issues notified less than 14 days prior to the publication date of the first issue or after the publication date of the first issue, will be at the discretion of the Publisher and will be subject to a cancellation fee equivalent to 75% of the outstanding value of the order.
8. The Publishers reserve the right to surcharge in the event of insertions not being completed within the contractual period.
9. The Publishers reserve the right to modify or omit any special position to meet editorial requirements.
10. The Publishers reserve the right, if considered necessary or desirable, to amend copy, or to require the advertiser to carry out such amendment to meet approval.
11. Copyright in advertising material shall vest with the Publishers where such material has been prepared or re-worked by the Publishers, their employers or contractors.
12. The Publishers disclaim any responsibility for matters arising from advertisements, and do not accept liability for omissions, clerical errors, or for the bona fide of advertisers, although every care is taken to avoid mistakes and advertisements from doubtful sources.
13. The advertiser agrees to indemnify the Publishers in respect of all costs, damages, or other charges incurred as a result of actual or threatened legal actions arising from the appearance of an advertisement, or series of advertisements, published in accordance with copy instructions supplied to the Publishers in pursuance of the advertiser’s order.
14. The Publishers cannot accept any responsibility for loss of circulation or effectiveness of any issue owing to circumstances beyond their control.
15. Voucher copies, tear sheets, or other forms of proof of insertion, as agreed, are to be supplied by the Publishers as soon as possible after the publication date.