Hours of work: 35
Location: Academy Training Ground, SE9 (but maybe required at other sites)
Responsible to: Grounds Manager
Groundsman required for support to the Grounds Manager, based at the Academy training ground in Well Hall but maybe required to across the other sites for Millwall. To assist in the Club’s pitch maintenance programme. To ensure the delivery of an excellent playing surface at the Academy Ground in Well Hall
– Carrying out ground’s maintenance works to the training pitches and associated grounds and facilities as instructed, to a good standard.
– To undertake but not limited to the maintenance of grass areas hedgerows, outside boundaries.
– Operating machinery and equipment associated with sports pitch and grounds maintenance as instructed.
– Ensuring the machinery and equipment is used correctly and kept clean, and when not in use put back to appropriate storage locations.
– Experience in working on professional sports pitches or amenity horticulture
– Qualified with an NVQ Level 2 in Sports Turf Management or equivalent qualification
– Able to work effectively in a team
– Competent level of numeracy and literacy
– Excellent communication skills
– Flexible with regards to your working hour
– Trustworthy, conscientious and reliable
– Ability to work under own initiative as a self-starter
– Ability to work calmly under pressure
– A clear, polite and professional manner
– Representing the Club in a professional manner. This is a high-profile role; therefore, you must present with a clean and smart appearance at all times. Club uniform and PPE will be provided by the Club which must be worn on duty.
– Upholding and promoting the Club’s policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities policies and procedures.
Hours of work:
A full-time role (35 hours per week), the candidate will be flexible to allow for changes in the schedule around fixtures. They will be expected to work as reasonably required to fulfil the needs of the business.
To apply, please send a current CV and covering letter to Steven Chalk at email@example.com
Due to the quantity of applicants expected, only those short-listed will be notified.
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd July 2021.
This document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation. All employees may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested.
Millwall Football Club are fully committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and anti-discrimination. We will work to address areas of under-representation and disadvantage in all aspects of our operations, activities and services. In practice, this means that we will respect the needs of each and every individual regardless of their differences; and to this end we will deliver our operations, activities and services in such a way so as to ensure that that no one is excluded.