Senior Research & Insights Executive
Department: CRM, Data & Analytics
Accountable to: Research & Insights Manager
Level of Criminal Record Check required – Basic
Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent- Full Time
What is the role?
You could join us in this exciting role of Senior Research & Insights Executive.
As part of the CRM, Data & Analytics team at Southampton Football Club (SFC), the Senior Research & Insights Executive will deliver consumer insight to allow SFC to differentiate itself against competitors within the sports/football industry, increase fan engagement and fuel growth across all commercial revenue streams.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and able to take ownership of their own workloads, as well as having an eye for detail and quality.
You will demonstrate a broad knowledge of the sports, football and marketing industry, and manage the delivery of key insights to the wider marketing and commercial team. A key part of this role will involve taking ownership of the support given to the partnership team, including the delivery of category and brand level insights to help identify potential partners.
The competencies which are required include:
– A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in marketing, market research or similar roles.
– Demonstrate a broad knowledge of the sports, football and marketing industry.
– Previous experience of working for a rights holder, management consultancy or research agency.
– Experience with sport industry benchmarking services (Nielsen or similar).
– Experience in audience research and social media.
Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
– Degree level educated preferably in Maths, Business or equivalent subject.
– Ability to deliver accurate information working within tight deadlines when required.
– An eye for detail and quality.
– A willingness to learn and support team in all areas, demonstrating flexibility.
– Well-developed numeracy skills and an aptitude for problem solving.
– Excellent communication skills – both internally and externally
– Competent with the use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
– Team player who will put team success over individual achievement.
– An understanding of consumer trends.
– Experience using Website analysis tools (Google Analytics, Sitecore) and Social Media Analytics.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
– A competitive salary depending on experience.
– Two Season Tickets.
– 24 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
– Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
– Contributory Pension Scheme.
– Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
– Child Care Vouchers.
– Worldwide Travel Insurance.
– Free onsite parking.
– Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
The closing date for applications is 11th November 2019.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*
for more information or to apply visit: Southampton Football Club Jobs