Sunderland AFC is recruiting for a Head of Football Administration to oversee football administration for the football department and deliver high quality support to all the performance domains.
Reporting to the Sporting Director this position will, lead the football administration personnel ensuring consistency and continuity, lead on all administration processes inclusive of the Senior, Youth and Women’s Teams to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements set by the various football Governing Bodies.
The successful applicant will have excellent communication and be able to work to accurately work to strict deadlines and maintain absolute discretion in all aspects of the role.
Responsibilities for the role include:
– All aspects of player administration, including completion of player registrations, transfers, compensation agreements and loans both domestic and international.
– Completion of intermediaries’ documentation.
– Completing applications/claims on the FIFA Transfer Matching System.
– Responsibility for Governing Body Endorsements for non-EU/EEA players and upkeep of the UK Visas and Immigration Sponsorship Management System.
– Creation of inhouse Sunderland specific templates
– Managing player eligibility for matches, appearance schedules, disciplinary records, bonuses and contractual trigger clauses in transfer agreements for incoming and outgoing players
– Organising and administering home First Team fixtures and completion of pre-and post-match documentation and being the lead contact for visiting clubs and match officials.
– Managing solidarity distribution and claims from other Clubs.
– Managing international call ups for professional players.
– Ensuring appropriate medical cover is in place for all professional and scholarship players as well as insurance cover for international players and trialists.
– Communicating all aspects of football rules, regulations and requirements to the Board and the Club’s staff and advising relevant staff of the Club’s obligations and responsibilities.
– Keeping the Sporting Director and Head Coach fully informed about all football and player-related matters.
– Operation of quarterly technical board, minutes and actions.
– Arranging pre-season training camps and tours inclusive of agreements and logistical requirements in liaison with the Sporting Director.
– Responsible for completing all Premier League/English Football League/Football Association forms/surveys, including retained list and submitting before deadlines.
– Ensure the Players Code of Conduct is updated every season and approved by the Manager before distributing to all First Team Players and Scholars.
The successful candidate will have experience of a similar role in football, either at club or governing body level, and be familiar with the range of club secretary duties involved and have knowledge of the rules and regulations which govern football art domestic and international level. A degree level education is essential in legal, business, administrative of relatable subjects along with excellent organisation skills and the ability to build effective working relationships.
A full job description and person specification is available on request.
The position is full time (40 hours per week), with working hours being flexible around business demands and include evening and weekend work as required, including home matches and special events. You will be expected to undertake any specific training or Continued Professional Development to maintain your up-to-date knowledge and qualifications, and/or as organised by the club.
The Executives In Sport Group are exclusively retained on behalf of Sunderland AFC to manage the recruitment process. Please send your CV, along with covering letter, to email@example.com Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 72 hours of application. The closing date for all applications is 26 March 2021.
Sunderland AFC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally. Our aim is that all colleagues should be able to work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN & ADULTS AT RISK
Sunderland AFC is fully committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children, young people, adults at risk and all vulnerable groups within the organisation. Sunderland AFC owes a duty of care to safeguard all children, young people, adults at risk and all vulnerable groups involved in activities as organised by the football club. Sunderland AFC makes provisions for children, young people, adults at risk and all vulnerable groups through adherence to the Safeguarding Policies and Procedures adopted by the Club.